Historical Archives and LibraryFebruary 3, 2022 2023-02-27 13:25
Historical Archives and Library
Inventory of the historical archives
of the Educandato Statale SS. Annunziata boarding school
The Educandato della SS. Annunziata boarding school in Florence was founded by Ferdinand III of Lorraine on 24 November 1823, but opened its doors on 1 September 1825. Its original headquarters was the so-called Monater Monaster Nuovo in Via della Scala, and only later, on 31 March 1865, was it moved to the current premises of Villa di Poggio Imperiale.
At its inception, the institute was placed under the Secretariat of Royal Law, to which it reported for the resolution of any problems. After the Unification of Italy, the institute passed on to the dependencies of the Ministry of Public Education (R.D. No. 1514 of 29 June 1883). During this passage, the boarding school did not change any interior structures or forms of administration.
Drafting, revision and publication
- Organization into database and publication on line: 28 March 2015, by Claudio Brunetti, Fondazione Memofonte
- Rearrangement and revision: 2014, by Francesco Bettarini and Edoardo Lanzarini
- Checking and revision: 27 June 2000, by Claudia Borgia and Silvia Burbi
- First review: 1984, by Annamaria Santangelo
To consult the documents kept in the Archives, send an application e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The library catalogue is included, as far as the most current part is concerned, within the BISCO collective catalogue along with eight other schools. This selection extracts 5,600 works from the complete catalogue that contains a total of 12,000 documents considering also the ‘historical’ fund that also includes hundreds of ancient volumes. The most valuable works are kept in the museum, while others are accessible on request.
- Library hours:
From Mondays to Fridays: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- On Saturdays: From 8:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Closed on Sundays and on the 1st Saturday of every month
Access the online catalogue by clicking on the button below.